Microsoft SQL Server is a cloud-ready information platform that will help organizations unlock breakthrough insights across the organizations and quickly build solutions to extend data across on-premises and public cloud.
Mission Critical Confidence
Required 9s and protection
Deliver required uptime and data protection, server to cloud without wasting time and money.
- Help reduce planned and unplanned downtime with the new integrated high availability and disaster recovery solution, SQL Server AlwaysOn.
- Achieve maximum application availability and data protection with options to configure active, multiple secondaries and ability to quickly failover and recover applications.
Gain breakthrough and predictable performance backed by industry-leading benchmarks.
- Bet on a trusted platform that continuously leads in industry-relevant TPC-E, TPC-H and real-world application performance benchmarks. Release over release SQL Server is SAP-certified to run some of the industry’s most demanding workloads.
- Significantly boost query performance by up to ~10x for star joint and similar queries with the new ColumnStore Index.
Rapid data discovery
Empower end users with new insights through rapid data exploration and visualization.
- Discover new insights at the speed of thought with Power View, a highly interactive, familiar browser-based data exploration, visualization, and presentation experience for users of all levels.
- Empower users of all levels to access and mash-up data from virtually any source, create compelling reports and analytical applications, and easily collaborate and share insights using familiar tools with PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
Managed self-service BI
Enable users with self-service BI while gaining better monitoring and management capabilities for IT.
- Offload IT tasks and reduce support requests with self-service analytics tools, like Power View and PowerPivot that scale to thousands across the organization.
- Balance the need to monitor, manage, and govern the data and analytics end users create with IT dashboards and controls that help IT monitor end user activity, data source usage, and gather performance metrics from servers.